This time of year, reminds me that winter is coming soon. What is a better way to welcome winter then with a pumpkin pie? It is easy to make and super delicious. Make it for a dessert, I bet the pan will be licked clean! Happy Cooking.
2 9” round frozen pie crusts
2 teaspoons cinnamon – divided
2 30oz cans pumpkin puree
1 16oz whip topping – unwhipped
4 large eggs
1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 400˚ F. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon cinnamon into each pie crust. Bake for 10 mins on middle rack.
2) Meanwhile make the filling: In a large bowl combine all the ingredients. Using a spoon whisk them together until you have a thick but runny consistence. Set aside
3) Remove pie crusts from oven and using a large spoon divide the pumpkin mixture evenly between both pie crusts.
4) Return the pies to the oven on top rack. Place a baking sheet on the middle rack to catch any drips.
5) Bake for 1 hour or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature before placing in the fridge. Serve cold with toppings of your choice. Enjoy
If frozen allow it to thaw overnight in fridge before serving.
Makes to 9” inch pies: