When I counted sefriah the other night, I realized that Shavuot is almost here. I love Shavuot and I love cheesecake!! (Don’t they go together?) But the biggest problem I always have is when I eat cheese cake is that I eat more then 1 slice... and it’s not portioned controlled!! (my nutritionist is probably so proud I’m using those words lol) So when this idea came into my head I was on a high.... cause they are small sized and individual so I’ll just have one at a time!! But apparently I was wrong, cause the other day when I sat down with my morning coffee and took one of my truffles out of the freezer to taste.... I ended up eating the whole pan!!!! Now I’m on the way to the grocery to go pick up more ingredients to make it for Shavuot. And I can’t wait to tell my nutritionist I listened to her portion control idea!!!
32oz cream cheese block – room temperature
2 sticks butter – room temperature
6 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ cup lemon juice
1) In a large bowl add the cream cheese, and butter. Using a hand mixer beat until the cream cheese and butter are combined.
2) Add the confectioners’ sugar, graham crackers, vanilla, and lemon juice andbeating just till combined. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
3) Remove from fridge. Using your hands form the batter into 1-2 ounce balls (about the size of a golf ball). Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
½ stick butter
1 good quality parve chocolate bar
1 good quality dairy chocolate bar
1) Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and place a smaller pot into the larger one to create a double broiler.
2) Add the butter, and both chocolates into the pot. Once the chocolate is melted, stir until combined.
3) Remove the cheesecake balls from the freezer. Using a spoon slowly lower one ball at a time into the chocolate. Do not turn the balls over in the chocolate or it will lose it’s shape. Then return to cookie sheet.Repeat with remaining cheesecake balls. Place back into the freezer.
2oz white eating chocolate
1 Tablespoon dairy caramel cream
Repeat the same melting process with a half bar white chocolate. Just add in 1 Tablespoon dairy caramel cream. Place into piping bag and drizzle over the cheesecake balls.
You don’t have to drizzle with the white chocolate. If you preferto add some crushed cookies on top you can. Use your imagination!!! Enjoy
Keep frozen until 1 hour before serving